The car picks you up at your place and takes you to cape Burkhan first. Burkhan in local Buryat people language means “shaman lady”. This place is sacred and holy.
- A short lecture about shamanism, local traditions, and rituals.
- Stop at the mountain with a great view on Shaman rock and the whole village.
- Visit Buryat people village. Discover housing, costumes, traditions, lifestyle.
- Traditional Buryat lunch. Buhler — soup, buuz — big meat dumplings, and local style pastry, tea with milk.
- One hour horseback ride along the shore of Lake Baikal.
- Visit a small lake Yelga, separated from Lake Baikal by sand line.
- Visit Shaman steppe where the Single Birch Tree is growing and discover the legends and symbolism behind that.
- Return to Khuzhir village to your place of stay.
Vehicle: Off-road SUV / minivan
People per group: up to 3
Duration: from AM 10:00 to PM 6:00
Food: traditional local lunch