This is a private 1-day tour to the village of Buryat people.
There are about half of a million of Buryats in the world and most of them live around Lake Baikal. They practice shamanism, an ancient way of spirituality and philosophy. Also, they connect Russia to the world of Tibetan Buddhism.
Learn about Buryats, their geography and history, as well as legendary stories and find out what makes them famous and important.
- Visit Buryat people settlement 100 km from Irkutsk
- View Mongolian like landscapes
- Learn about Buryat nationality and history
- Have traditional lunch
- Ritual from shaman for good luck in travels
- Spin prayer wheels in Buddhist temple
Start time: AM 10:00
Start location: Irkutsk city
Duration: 8 hours
Type of transport: Car or van
Total Distance: 200 km (120 miles)
Map of the route
We travel to the north from Irkutsk city to Ust-Ordynsky settlement. (100 km / 63 miles from Irkutsk)
Meet with guide at traveler’s location in Irkutsk.
Departure from Irkutsk city.
Stop on the road in a special place to make offerings to the local spirits.
Meet the shaman at home in Ust-Ordynsky settlement. Perform the ritual for good luck on the road and make offerings to the local spirits. Talk to the shaman.
Guest welcoming lunch in a Buryat traditional way.
Museum of Buryat nation.
Visit the Buddhist temple, spin the prayer wheels before going back.
Return to Irkutsk to traveler’s location.
- English speaking guide/driver with car or van
- Gasoline charge
- Visit Buryat shaman
- Traditional lunch with traditional drinks
- Tickets to the museum
- Pick up and drop off at traveler’s location
- Private tour
- Extra food and drinks on top of what is included.
Things to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Extra clothes (cold and wind protection)
- Headwear (hat or cap)
- Small backpack
Online booking is free, no credit card needed.