Travel to Lake Baikal starts in Irkutsk city. The historical center is compact and easy to explore on foot. Experience freestyle adaptive walking tour. Get into more inside things with friendly locals, and find trips to Lake Baikal with joyful guides.
Center of Irkutsk, the statue to Vladimir Lenin. Irkutsk Free Tour starts here, it is super easy to reach from anywhere. Karl Marx street and Lenin street road cross
Start/end location: In front of Monument to Lenin
Availability: upon request
Start time: AM 10.45 / PM 8:00
Duration: 3 hours
Distance: 7 kilometers (4.5 miles)
Price: FREE (Based on gratitudes for guides)
Meet the guide. Introduction. Walking Karl Marx Street up to Angara river bank, best examples of city architecture, monuments to A. Vampilov and Alexander III, Irkutsk state university, riverbank, first bridge, railroads, Gagarin boulevard.
Kirov Square, administrative area, historical and religious architechture, memorials and monuments, new riverbank, walk through the city.
Central market, Jerusalem church and park, view over the city, old wooden architechture in contrast to new, 130th district and the Babr monument.
Finish. Back to the starting location.
Note: Time adjustments are possible due to weather and walking speed. Approximate time is provided in the itinerary. Snack and drink stop is possible anytime.
- The city’s rich contrasts of old and modern buildings.
- Most important monuments and history behind them.
- Remarkable historical facts, funny stories, personal experience.
- Solutions about getting around.
- Optional guided visit to the central market, museum or place of interest.
- Introduction to local culture and spirituality.
- Lake Baikal area travel information.
Irkutsk had always been a part of the global economy, culture, and political life. It started to develop during the industrial revolution. Standing on the road from China to Russia it had played the small but key role in building the Russian Empire. During the Soviet times, Irkutsk became one of the centers of industrial development of the East Siberia and the Far East. And now Irkutsk is standing out in the global travel market, Lake Baikal nature attracts people from all over the globe…
Why Irkutsk Free Tour?
- The first free walking tour in Irkutsk city created by locals
- FREE of charge for everyone, based on gratuities for the guide
- Fluent English speaking guides
- Lake Baikal travel advice and consulting
- Great for indivutual travelers
- Meet fellow travelers
- Private mode for big groups
- Easy changes and upgrades
- Your ideas are welcome! Add booking comments
- No booking fees
- No cancellation fees
- No hidden costs