Travel to Lake Baikal starts in Irkutsk city. This website is the best chance to see the most important places. The historical center is compact and easy to explore on foot. Irkutsk Free Tour offers freestyle adaptive walking tours. Get into more inside things with our friendly guides.
Center of Irkutsk, the big statue to Vladimir Lenin. Irkutsk Free Tour starts here, it is super easy to reach this place from anywhere. Pick up from your place is also possible.
Start/end location: In front of Monument to Lenin
Right at the Karl Marx street and Lenin street road cross
Availability: upon request
Start time: AM 10.45
Duration: 3 hours
Distance: 5+ kilometers
AM 10:45 Meet the guide. Introduction.
Walking Karl Marx Street up to Angara river bank,
best examples of city architecture,
monuments to A. Vampilov and Alexander III,
Irkutsk state university,
riverbank, first bridge,
AM 11:45 Kirov Square, administrative area,
historical and religious architechture,
memorials and monuments, new riverbank,
walk through the city.
AM 12:35 Central market,
Jerusalem church and park, view over the city,
old wooden architechture in contrast to new,
130th district and the Babr monument.
PM 1:30 Finish.
Back to the starting location.
Time adjustments can be done during the tour, depends on the weather and walking speed. The average time is provided in the itinerary. Snack and drink stop is also possible anytime.
- The city’s rich contrasts of old historical and modern buildings.
- Most important monuments and history behind them.
- Remarkable historical facts, funny stories, personal experiences.
- Answers to all questions about getting around.
- Optional visits to the central market or museums.
- Introduction to local culture and spirituality.
- Other travel information about Baikal area.
Irkutsk had always been a part of the global economy, culture, and political life. It started to develop during the industrial revolution. Standing on the road from China to Russia and Europe it had played the small, but key role in building the Russian Empire. During the Soviet times, Irkutsk became one of the centers of industrial development of the East Siberia and the Far East. And now Irkutsk is standing out in the global travel market, Lake Baikal nature attracts people from all over the globe.
Why Irkutsk Free Tour?
- The first free walking tour in Irkutsk city created by locals
- FREE of charge for everyone, based on gratuities for the guide
- Fluent English speaking guides
- Lake Baikal travel advice and consulting
- Explore more in less time in any weather
- Small and medium groups, no big groups
- Tour upgrades on request
- Your ideas are welcome! Add booking comments
- No booking fees
- No cancellation fees
- No hidden costs
The booking works 99%, so in case this form doesn’t work, please, use contacts and make a booking request by e-mail, messenger, SMS or phone call.