Irkutsk had always been a part of the global economy, culture, and political life. Standing on the Transsiberian Railroad, Irkutsk had played a small but key role in the development of the Russian Empire. During the Soviet times, Irkutsk became the center of industrial development of East Siberia and the Far East of the USSR. And now Irkutsk is standing out in the global travel market, Lake Baikal and Siberian nature attract people from all over the globe…
- Angara river embankments.
- Important monuments and history behind them.
- Explanations of the architecture.
- Remarkable historical facts and unique personal experience.
- Local culture and spirituality.
- Lake Baikal travel information and tours.
- Solutions about getting around.
Availability: on request every day
Start time: AM 10.45 / PM 6:00
Duration: < 3 hours
Distance: < 6 kilometers ( < 3.75 miles)
Originally our starting location was a monument to Lenin but on October 1, 2019, it was changed, and Irkutsk Free Tour starts at the monument to the Alexander III
Center of Irkutsk, beginning of Karl Marx street right on the Angara river embankment. Big monument to Emperor Alexander III.
There is a stand with the map of Irkutsk in front of the monument, and it is a great place to start the tour with an overview.
Coordinates: 52.275363, 104.277304
Meet the guide at the monument to Alexander III.
Angara river bank, best examples of city architecture, monuments, and memorials, Irkutsk state university, riverbank, the first bridge, railroads, Gagarin boulevard.
Speranskiy square (main in Irkutsk), historical and religious architecture, new riverbank.
Wooden architecture in contrast to new. History of the city.
Finish at the monument to Babr — the symbol of Irkutsk.
Note: Time adjustments are possible due to weather and walking speed. Approximate time is provided in the itinerary.
Why Irkutsk Free Tour?
- Everyday availability
- FREE of charge for everyone
based on tips for the guide after the tour
- Amazing starting location
- Fluent English speaking guides
- Great for individual travelers and small groups
- Meet fellow travelers
- Go inside some of the buildings on the way
- No booking fees
- No cancellation fees
- No hidden costs
Online booking is free, no credit card needed.