Travel to Lake Baikal starts in Irkutsk city. The historical center is compact and easy to explore on foot. Experience freestyle adaptive walking tour. Get into more inside things with friendly locals, and find trips to Lake Baikal with joyful guides.
Center of Irkutsk, the statue to Vladimir Lenin. Irkutsk Free Tour starts here, it is super easy to reach from anywhere. Karl Marx street and Lenin street road cross
Start/end location: In front of Monument to Lenin
Availability: upon request
Start time: AM 10.45 / PM 6:00
Duration: < 3 hours
Distance: < 6 kilometers ( < 3.75 miles)
Price: FREE (Based on gratitudes for guides)
Meet the guide. Introduction. Walking Karl Marx Street up to Angara river bank, best examples of city architecture, monuments, and memorials, Irkutsk state university, riverbank, the first bridge, railroads, Gagarin boulevard.
Main city square, historical and religious architecture, new riverbank, walk through the city.
Wooden architecture in contrast to new. History of the city.
Finish. 130th district and the Babr monument
Note: Time adjustments are possible due to weather and walking speed. Approximate time is provided in the itinerary. Snack and drink stop is possible anytime.
- The city’s rich contrasts of old and modern buildings.
- Most important monuments and history behind them.
- Remarkable historical facts, funny stories, personal experience.
- Solutions about getting around.
- Introduction to local culture and spirituality.
- Lake Baikal area travel information.
Irkutsk had always been a part of the global economy, culture, and political life. It started to develop at the beginning of the industrial revolution. Standing on the road from China to Russia and North America it had played the small but key role in building the Russian Empire. During the Soviet times, Irkutsk became one of the centers of industrial development of the East Siberia and the Far East. And now Irkutsk is standing out in the global travel market, Lake Baikal attracts people from all over the globe…
Why Irkutsk Free Tour?
- The first free walking tour in Irkutsk city created by locals
- FREE of charge for everyone, based on gratuities for the guide
- Fluent English speaking guides
- Lake Baikal travel advice and consulting
- Great for individual travelers
- Meet fellow travelers
- Private mode for big groups
- Your ideas are welcome! Add booking comments
- No booking fees
- No cancellation fees
- No hidden costs
Online booking is free, no credit card needed.