Irkutsk Free Tour gives you an opportunity to see the most important places in the city. The historical center is compact and easy to explore on foot. We share experiences of making freestyle adaptive walking tours. Visit important places, and see more inside things.
Using a car it is possible to visit locations away from downtown and spend some time driving through the city, making stops here and there. Visiting old ice breaker near Irkutsk hydroelectric dam, Governor’s wooden mansion, Historical wooden buildings, religious sites with Siberian style.
My name is Dimitriy (facebook page). I’m a local translator, guide, and travel fixer. Irkutsk Free Tour welcomes you to have the best experience of traveling to the capital of East Siberia and Lake Baikal.
- The most popular outdoor sports game in Irkutsk
First, we get inside the stadium building and explore strange things about it.
- Irish pub in Irkutsk
Visit a pub and try to figure out why they are so popular in this city.
- Colorful orthodox churches
Why did they decide to put colorful elements and make them look like fairy houses?
- Walking through the former graveyard
The nice new park in the central part of Irkutsk actually was the cemetery, it was the end of the city 100 years ago.
- Visit the big local market
Time to have some hot coffee or tea with some locally made foods.
- The history behind the wooden buildings
Guess what this park was a little more than 100 years ago? At that time this location was the end of the city and now its busy downtown.
- Ride on electrical trolley or tam
Return by electric public transportation to the starting point. 15 RUB per person can pay with cash or card in the transport.
- All the regular stuff is on the way
Your questions are welcome along with our tour.
Center of Irkutsk, the big statue to Vladimir Lenin. Usually, we start here, it is super easy to reach this place from anywhere.
Start/end location: In front of Monument to Lenin
Right at the Karl Marx street and Lenin street road cross
Availability: upon request
Start time: AM 10.45
Duration: 2,5 hours
Distance: 5+ kilometers
- The city’s rich contrasts of old historical and modern buildings.
- Most important monuments and history behind them.
- Remarkable historical facts, funny stories, personal experiences.
- Answers to all questions about getting around.
- Optional visits to the central market or museums.
- Introduction to local culture and spirituality.
- Other travel information on Baikal area.
Irkutsk had always been a part of global economy, culture and political life. It started to develop during the industrial revolution. Standing on the road from China to Russia and Europe it had played the small, but key role in building the Russian Empire. During the Soviet times, Irkutsk became one of the centers of industrial development of the East Siberia and the Far East. And now Irkutsk is standing out in the global travel market, lake Baikal nature sites attract people from all over the globe.
Why Irkutsk Free Tour?
- FREE of charge for everyone
- No booking fees
- No cancellation fees
- No hidden costs
- Fluent English speaking and professional guide
- Lake Baikal travel advice
- Explore more in less time in any weather
- Great for small and medium groups
- Tour upgrades on request
- Your ideas are welcome!