One day trip to Lake Baikal from Irkutsk. Find out many interesting facts about Irkutsk and Lake Baikal. Exploration of Siberian nature, roads, settlements and infrastructure elements. How land and people have changed over time and how this change is affecting the lake. Follow the road from Irkutsk up to the mouth of the Angara river. This is a demonstration of the most accessible part of Lake Baikal, it is great to start your exploration of the sacred sea using this tour.
- The cleanest river in Russia.
- Big hydroelectric dam in Irkutsk.
- The legendary icebreaker ship.
- Open air ethnographic and architecture museum.
- Walk along the shore of Lake Baikal and try the water.
- Taste of local fish at the street market.
- Russian-style lunch.
- Local people’s vacation spots.
- Retro park and artists’ home, authentic experience.
- Refreshing mini-hike to Chersky stone.
- Amazing nature views of Lake Baikal.
Starting time: AM 10:00
Start location: Irkutsk city or Listvyanka
Standard duration: 8 hours
Type of transport: Car or van
Total driving distance: 160 km (100 miles)
Total walking distance: < 6 km (4 miles)
Starting and finishing at the traveler’s location anywhere in Irkutsk city or Listvyanka settlement.
Map of the route
Pick up from the traveler’s location. Meet the guide.
Leaving Irkutsk city by Baikal Highway,
stop at Angara icebreaker in Irkutsk, river view.
Open air ethnographic museum of Siberian people.
Shore of Lake Baikal.
Shaman stone and the legend behind it,
Angara river mouth.
Short walk along the shore of Lake Baikal
Standard included activities:
Explore the village, street market,
Lake Baikal embankment,
Church, Retro Park.
Exclusive activities: see below
Great panoramic view from the hill.
Use the ski lift or walking trail.
Finish in Irkutsk or Listvyanka.
The drop-off in the requested location.
Things to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Extra clothes (cold and wind protection).
- Private tour.
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance ticket to Taltsy ethnographic museum.
- Entrance ticket to the Retro Park museum.
- Taste of Lake Baikal fish.
- Pick up and drop off at traveler’s location in Listvyanka or Irkutsk.
- Fuel charge.
- Lunch ( approx. 250-450 RUB).
- Ski lift (250 RUB one way up, 400 RUB both up and down, there is a good 1 km trail to the top, it takes about the same time as ski lift).
- Gratuity for the guide.
Prices per person.
1 person – 11900 rub.
2 people – 6900 rub. / person
3 people – 5490 rub. / person
4 people – 5490 rub. / person
5 people – 3990 rub. / person
6 people – 3590 rub. / person
7 people – 3490 rub. / person
8 people – 3390 rub. / person
Online booking is free, no credit card needed.